Residential Stamp Duty SDLT Over payments
Have you overpaid stamp duty?
How you can reclaim the tax?
Millions of pounds in overpaid stamp duty has been refunded to thousands of homeowners. Given all the changes to the property tax, there’s a chance you may be owed money. We check and get the tax back.
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is a fixed tax paid by property buyers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Most people use a solicitor or legal conveyancer to act for them, but it’s the buyer’s responsibility to pay any SDLT.
Where can we make property savings for you?
- Residential Purchases
- Residential Developments
- Commercial Developments
- Investors and Buy-to-let property purchases
- Property portfolio restructuring
When you are about to purchase a property, land or site there are some key features to look out for, such as:
- Are you purchasing land with the benefit of a planning permission allowing the development and construction of residential housing or units?
- Are you purchasing an office building with permitted development rights for conversion for residential housing or units?
- Are you purchasing commercial property together with residential units or mixed-use land?
- Other keywords to look out for which could mean a reclaim of tax and duty;
- Commercial use – gym, shops, retail, offices, bike stores etc. Substations or water pumps Public footpaths Live and work urban developments Communal gardens or public open space Forestry, woodland or agricultural land Car parks Option agreements
Stamp Duty Land Tax
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is complex self assessment
tax, currently, 25% of transactions are calculated
incorrectly, we assist in reviewing both upcoming and
historical property transactions to ensure the correct
SDLT consideration ins applied.